|COVID-19: You can study with confidence knowing that all programs are being delivered safely observing safe distancing measures. Every course has different safe distancing requirements so enquire for more details about the course you are interested in.|
The course is intended for electrical tradespersons, technicians, engineers or experienced persons who wish to operate as accredited service providers for the design or installation of grid-connected new energy generating and storage systems.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8am - 4pm
5 day block in one week
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Course in New Energy Technology Systems.
- Grid Connected Solar Photo voltaic Battery Installer
- Grid Connected Solar Photo voltaic Battery Designer
- Successful attainment of this course will enable graduates to apply to the Clean Energy Council (CEC) for solar accreditation as a designer and installer of renewable energy generating systems.
Opportunities for Further Study
Mandatory entry requirements
Candidates must undertake all 4 units of competency - as this in line with contractual arrangements between delivering RTO's and Future Energy Skills - as supported by WTIF funding agreement for initial delivery.
- a) Hold a current A Class Electrician’s Licence
- b) Have successfully completed UEENEEK148A – Install, configure and commission LV grid-connected photovoltaic power systems
A reliable internet connect
Specialist Course Information
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
|UEERE4001 Install, maintain and fault find battery storage systems for grid connected photovoltaic systems|
|VU22125 Design a grid-connected battery storage system to meet client requirements|
|VU22124 Design a grid connected photovoltaic energy generation system to meet client requirements|
|VU22123 Undertake site assessment for installation of a grid-connected renewable energy generation system|