- Course Code
- Course Type
- Short Course; Accredited Course
- Study mode
- On Campus
- Part Time
- 6 weeks
- Starting Date
Morwell: February 2020
Warragul April 2020
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is revolutionising the way Australians receive care in the aged-care and disability sectors. This exciting initiative requires dedicated support workers who are well-versed in the inner workings of the NDIS.
Undertaking an introductory course to the NDIS is crucial if you’re new to working as a direct support worker (DSW) and need to understand what it means to work with NDIS participants. This course will open new and exciting pathways to further qualifications as your DSW skills evolve.
The course provides a pathway to further qualifications – it is not intended as a replacement for full certificate-level qualifications.
I day per week for 6 weeks
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon completion of this course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
- Community worker
- NDIS direct support worker
- disability worker
- personal carer
Opportunities for Further Study
Recommended entry requirements
Applicants should be able to provide a clear police check and working with children check.
Potential learners need to be:
- good listeners and communicators, supportive, encouraging, patient
- interested in supporting an NDIS participant in a range of settings from supporting the person at home, to supporting the person in the community, in a learning environment, in employment, in a disability day service, in a disability residential service or in respite
- able to be employed as a DSW; that is, they need to be able to successfully meet the required checks and screenings.
reliable internet connection
Specialist Course Information
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
|VU22448 Work effectively with a national disability insurance scheme participant|