|COVID-19: You can study with confidence knowing that all programs are being delivered safely observing safe distancing measures. Every course has different safe distancing requirements so enquire for more details about the course you are interested in.|
If you’re looking to start a career in the dairy industry, or you’d simply like to improve your existing skills, a Certificate III in Agriculture, focusing on dairy production, will get you there. This traineeship is focused on hands-on learning as you work your way through simulated workplaces and on-the-job experience.
Gain valuable experience working on farms as you gain confidence and begin working independently. You’ll learn how to establish pastures and crops for livestock, transport and prepare chemicals, coordinate milking operations, construct fencing, create feeding plans, respond to emergencies, and more. There are plenty of areas for you to choose your electives from, meaning you’ll be able to tailor this qualification to suit your interests.
TimesFriday Class times may vary as per the student timetable depending on proposed learning activie
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate III in Agriculture (Dairy Production) (Traineeship).
This qualification provides an occupational outcome in the dairy industry. The dairy industry expects that graduates from this qualification will be able to preform a range of tasks associated with a person preforming the job of a dairy farmhand.
Opportunities for Further Study
- AHC40116 Certificate IV in Agriculture
- AHC41016 Certificate IV in Agribusiness (not on offer at TAFE Gippsland)
Recommended entry requirements
- To enter this course individuals must be employed to work on a Dairy farm.
- This qualification may be accessed by direct entry, often as a part time or full time traineeship, including School Based Trainee.
- Applicants wishing to undertake the qualification are required to complete a full Language, Literacy & Numeracy assessment, as well as a Pre training Review.
- Applicants are also required to complete a interview with one of the trainers before enrolment can proceed into this course.
Limitations to entry
- Students should be a minimum of 16 years of age to undertake this course.
- The farm machinery used for skills development in this course have manufacturer's specifications that require operators / students to be a minimum of 16 years of age to operate.
Reliable internet connection
Specialist Course Information
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
|AHCCHM303 Prepare And Apply Chemicals|
|AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals|
|AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes|
|AHCMOM202 Operate tractors|
|AHCINF302 Plan and construct an electric fence|
|AHCDRY301 Coordinate milking operations|
|AHCLSK309 Implement animal health control programs|
|AHCLSK311 Implement feeding plans for livestock|
|AHCMOM207 Conduct front-end loader operations|
|AHCBAC302 Establish pastures and crops for livestock production|
|AHCLSK305 Maintain livestock water supplies|
|AHCLSK318 Rear newborn and young livestock|
|AHCLSK329 Implement procedures for calving|
|AHCPCM301 Implement a plant nutrition program|
|AHCWRK303 Respond to emergencies|
|AHCBAC301 Conserve forage|
|AHCMOM217 Operate quad bikes|