As Victoria emerges from the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, businesses and workers need to ensure they can safely reopen and engage with customers.
TAFE Gippsland is now offering a free, short, accredited training course offered as a mixture of online and workplace-based learning, available to help staff in critical industries identify and manage the ongoing risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections.
Workers can be upskilled with this free, short, accredited training courses available to customer-facing employees in critical industry sectors.
After completion of the training, they will be able to confidently:
- follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- identify infection hazards and assess risks
- follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards.
Participants will learn a range of skills, including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission
Mandatory entry requirements
- Currently employed in Victoria in a customer-facing role
- Have not previously completed the individual Skill Set they are seeking to enrol in
- Any customer-facing worker who is eligible to work or volunteer in Australia, , irrespective of their citizenship or residency status, with priority given to those working in this industry sector
- Pre Training review
- There is no requirement for the student to have any prior knowledge of infection control
- Must be working in the relevant industry.