This course aims to support the civil construction industry in ensuring there are appropriately trained individuals to fill entry level roles. The target group for this course is young people and workers looking to re-skill.
On achieving the 22468VIC Course in Civil Construction Pathway, learners will have the following:
- communicate verbally and in writing as part of a team,
- make basic workplace calculations,
- manage self as a worker,
- move around heavy equipment and depth excavations safely,
- safely use and maintain small tools and plant/equipment,
- safely shut down machinery and secure the worksite.
- workplace safety,
- workplace expectations of employers,
- small tools and equipment maintenance,
- key plant and equipment,
- communication procedures/protocols work processes.
TimesMonday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Course in Civil Construction Pathway.
The skills and knowledge profile reflects the vocational outcome of a (supervised) entry level civil construction worker working on infrastructure projects such as airports, bridges, drainage, railways, roads, pipelines, ports and utilities.
Opportunities for Further Study
Mandatory entry requirements
- There are no mandatory entry requirements for the 22468VIC Course in Civil Construction Pathway.
Recommended entry requirements
- Learners enrolling in the Course in Civil Construction Pathway are best equipped to successfully undertake the course if they have as a minimum, language, literacy and numeracy skills that align to Level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF).
Limitations to entry
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview as part of the selection process.
Double dose COVID-19 vaccination or approved medical exemption.
Specialist Course Information
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
|RIICOM201D Communicate In The Workplace|
|CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry|
|RIIWHS201D Work Safely And Follow WHS Policies And Procedures|
|RIIMPO317E Conduct roller operations|
|RIICRC306D Conduct Earthworks|
|RIIBEF201D Plan And Organise Work|
|VU22449 Prepare to work in a civil construction environment|
|RIIMPO318E Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations|