Looking for work? A Jobs Victoria Advocate for Gippsland can support you with your job search. We are here to help.
TAFE Gippsland’s Jobs Victoria Advocates meet with members of the communities throughout Gippsland, to provide free one on one assistance with finding work or finding work related services. They meet with people in community spaces such as (but not limited to) libraries, public housing foyers, sports clubs and TAFE campuses. They are also available on the phone and online. In this free service, our Advocates are sharing their knowledge and resources about finding a job.
How our Jobs Victoria Advocates for Gippsland can help you
Wherever you are on your job search journey, your local Advocate can:
- refer you to a local Jobs Victoria Partner who can help you update your resume, prepare for job interviews, and connect you with local employers
- connect you to local skills and training opportunities through Work and Learning Centres, TAFE Skills and Jobs Centres, and apprenticeship programs
- help you apply for jobs in your local area through the Jobs Victoria online hub.
- share information and tips about getting a job
- connect you to other services such as housing support, financial help, counselling plus connections with community and social groups
Who is eligible?
The program is free and available to anyone who resides anywhere across the entire Gippsland region. It may be particularly helpful for:
- Young people and students who are unsure of their future options
- People with little or no previous work experience
- People who are returning to work after time off
- People who have not previously worked in Australia
- People with specific requirements
Meet our Advocates
Location: South Gippsland and Bass Coast
Bio: Kylie has previous experience working in the disability employment sector along with a variety of other community engagement roles. Kylie has been a proud member of the local community for several years and has extensive knowledge of the types of services available. When Kylie is not at work, she likes to spend time with her family and friends and explore the local area.
Location: East Gippsland & Wellington
Bio: Vanessa has experience working in Jobs Victoria having previously held the role of Jobs Victoria Mentor in her previous role. This experience has given Vanessa extensive knowledge of the services available across eastern Gippsland. Outside of work Vanessa enjoys studying, home renovations, socialising and animal rescue.
Location: Latrobe and Baw Baw
Bio: From several previous frontline roles with TAFE Gippsland, to now as an Advocate, Jeremy has gained a strong understanding of the needs of the community and how to assist with these needs. "I myself, have experienced long-term unemployment and personally understand the struggles this brings for many clients. I love to help others to overcome hurdles and improve their lives." In his spare time, Jeremy's hobbies include pc gaming, road trips and videography.
Location: Latrobe and Baw Baw
Bio: Over the last 10 years Andrea has worked in an assortment or roles across the education and employment sectors with most roles having a focus on community engagement. When Andrea is not in the office she enjoys travelling, hiking and spending time with friends.