|COVID-19: You can study with confidence knowing that all programs are being delivered safely observing safe distancing measures. Every course has different safe distancing requirements so enquire for more details about the course you are interested in.|
The civil construction industry is set to boom in the coming years, and you could be a part of it. Get your Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations to become a trade-qualified and skilled operator within the civil construction sector. You will master state-of-the-art equipment to complete crucial tasks in your workplace.
As a part of this qualification, you’ll learn to apply a broad range of skills to different work situations, using your judgement to make informed decisions. Start working on an endless list of projects, including subdivisions, bridgeworks, railways, sewer systems, harbours, and so much more. Set yourself up for further study or a thriving career in civil construction.
TimesMonday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8.30am - 4.00pm
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations.
Job roles could include working on subdivisions, bridge works, railways, harbours, sewerage and drainage, electrical infrastructure, and pipeline and recreation works.
Develop experience with a range of equipment such as excavators, front end loaders, rollers and other civil construction machinery.
Opportunities for Further Study
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision (Not on offer at TAFE Gippsland)
- Diploma Engineering Technology (Civil) (Not on offer at TAFE Gippsland)
- Advanced Diploma Engineering Technology (Civil) (Not on offer at TAFE Gippsland)
- Bachelor Civil Engineering (Not on offer at TAFE Gippsland)
Recommended entry requirements
- An interest in the Civil Construction industry. In order to be able to complete the learning and assessment required in a certificate III qualification, participants need to have adequate level skill levels in language, literacy and numeracy.
Limitations to entry
- In order to be able to complete the learning and assessment required in a certificate III qualification, participants need to have adequate level skill levels in language, literacy and numeracy. All applicants will be required to undertake an interview with the course facilitators.
Specialist Course Information
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
|RIIMPO319E Conduct backhoe/loader operations|
|CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry|
|RIICCM208D Carry Out Basic Levelling|
|RIIBEF201D Plan And Organise Work|
|RIICCM201D Carry Out Measurements And Calculations|
|RIICCM202D Identify, Locate And Protect Underground Services|
|RIICCM203D Read and interpret plans and job specifications|
|RIICCM205E Carry Out Manual Excavation|
|RIICCM206D Support Plant Operations|
|RIICCM207D Spread And Compact Materials Manually|
|RIICOM201D Communicate In The Workplace|
|RIISAM201D Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials|
|RIISAM203D Use Hand And Power Tools|
|RIISAM204D Operate Small Plant And Equipment|
|RIIWHS201D Work Safely And Follow WHS Policies And Procedures|
|RIIWMG203D Drain And Dewater Civil Construction Site|
|RIIMPO318F Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations|
|RIIMPO320F Conduct civil construction excavator operations|
|RIIMPO317F Conduct roller operations|