TAFE Gippsland’s Skills and Jobs Centre provides people with independent advice on study and job options; offering support to those who are looking for training, considering a career change, transitioning or looking for work.
Skills and Jobs Centre services can be accessed from any one of TAFE Gippsland’s 10 campuses, with each centre focusing on local training, jobs and industries as well as connecting individuals and businesses with opportunities within the Gippsland region.
TAFE Gippsland’s Skills and Jobs Centre will provide:
- Assistance with understanding your study options; TAFE study, university courses, apprenticeships, traineeships and subsidised training
- Personal career planning, including the training and qualifications you’ll need to make a start or make a change
- Access to Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Learning about jobs in demand and employment trends
- Finding a job including advice on preparing your resume and how to apply
- Access to other support services including financial advice or welfare assistance
- Job seeker workshops designed to support those preparing to enter the job market.
Services for business and industry
TAFE Gippsland’s Skills and Jobs Centre will provide independent advice to help with:
- Connecting businesses with skilled and qualified job seekers
- Understanding skills and training outcomes for particular courses and study options
- Identifying training options for current staff based on employer and industry needs
- Creating opportunities for industry-TAFE partnerships including collaboration on course content and delivery
- Understanding skills in demand and employment trends
Skills and knowledge bring benefits to Victorian employers by increasing productivity, encouraging growth and increasing job and career opportunities.
TAFE Gippsland’s Skills and Jobs Centre services can be accessed via each campus.
TAFE Gippsland’s Skills and Jobs Centres are located at Warragul, Sale (FLC), Morwell and Bairnsdale.
Other campus locations by appointment include:
- Sale (G-Tec)
- Lakes Entrance (Seamec)
For further information please refer to your local TAFE Gippsland campus, website, phone or email.
Expression of interest for 2018 workshops now open!
Find out what generic skills employers are looking for. These skills are essential in every workplace and highly valued by employers.
A workshop for those wanting to develop an effective resume and cover letter whilst also learning how to respond to key selection criteria.
Discover different types of interviews and what you can expect from an interview situation. Participants will also be able to practice their skills in a mock interview environment.
Where the Jobs Are
Advice around accessing the hidden job market and a brief overview of the local job market.
Meet the team