Scholarship applications and assessment process
To increase your chances of getting a scholarship, make sure you follow the application instructions and provide the required supporting documents. The more information you provide on your application form, the better your chances of receiving a scholarship. All applications are considered and assessed by the Scholarship Selection Panel.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS TAFE Gippsland Student Support Scholarships
Recipients must agree for their image and story to be used by TAFE Gippsland and our industry partners for marketing and promotional activities.
For all Student Support Scholarships, a student must be:
- An Australian citizen, a Permanent Resident of Australia, holder of a Bridging or other Temporary visa or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa, and
- Experiencing financial hardship demonstrated through receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment or other evidence of low income and / or social disadvantage, and
- Enrolled in a course for the duration of 6 months or more.
Students are only able to hold one scholarship at a time from TAFE Gippsland.
Payment of Scholarships
The Scholarships Office may pay Tuition, Service and Materials fees up to the value of the scholarship, and pay the remainder directly to the scholarship holder.
Termination of Scholarship
The Scholarship Selection Panel has discretion to terminate a scholarship and to recover payment in the event of:
- Cancellation of enrolment; or
- The scholarship holder ceases to be enrolled in an eligible course of study; or
- The scholarship holder does not resume study at the conclusion of a period of approved leave; or
- The scholarship holder fails to maintain satisfactory academic progress; or
- The behavior of the recipient on or off campus is considered to bring discredit upon the Scholarship or TAFE Gippsland
- The scholarship holder transfers to another TAFE or university.
- The scholarship holder no longer meets the eligibility criteria; or
- The recipient has breached TAFE Gippsland’s Student Code of Conduct; or
Changes in your circumstances
You must notify us immediately of any of the following changes in your circumstances:
- if you transfer to a different course
- if you take leave of absence or withdraw from your studies.
Assessment of equity scholarship applications
Assessment is not based on academic merit.
- Applications are ranked and scored based on financial income, educational background, career vision, and social disadvantage.
- Applications with the highest levels of disadvantage, clearer career vision, and best proposed use of scholarship funds are ranked higher.
- Scholarships are offered to the highest ranked applicants, until all scholarships are allocated.
- Some eligible students may miss out if there are more eligible applicants than scholarships available.
- If eligible, you will receive only one scholarship.
Rules for distribution
- Scholarships are not redeemable for cash.
- Unallocated scholarships will be retained by TAFE Gippsland.
- All applicants must complete the scholarship application form to be considered.
- Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Scholarship due date.
- All applications will be considered by the Scholarship Selection Panel and applicants may be invited to an in interviewed by the Panel.
- All Scholarship Selection Panel decisions are final.
- Your TAFE Gippsland scholarship cannot be transferred to another University or TAFE.
- It is only valid for your studies at TAFE Gippsland.
- Each scholarship is for the course of study in which the applicant is enrolled and cannot be transferred to another course.
- Scholarships are for the current study period and cannot be carried forward.
- Applicants under the age of 18 will need to obtain parental/guardian consent before submitting a scholarship application.
- A student can receive only one scholarship per year.
- A student cannot use the current year scholarship for previous year’s debt.