As a graduate of this qualification, you’ll be able to perform a wide range of tasks within the dairy industry. When you’re looking to start a career in the dairy industry or simply hone your craft, a Certificate III in Agriculture, focusing on dairy production, will introduce you to the knowledge you need.
You’ll gain vital experience working across a range of different roles on the farm, performing various tasks while working under limited supervision. Once you’ve achieved this qualification, you will be able to work independently in many situations and even make important decisions based on your knowledge. Make yourself stand out to employers with a Certificate III in Agriculture.
This course is delivered with a combination of online and on campus workshops.
TimesTuesdays 9.am-3.00pm and Fridays 10.00am-3.00pm
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate III in Agriculture (Dairy Production).
This qualification provides an occupational outcome in the dairy industry. The dairy industry expects that graduates from this qualification will be able to preform a range of tasks associated with a person preforming the job of a dairy farmhand.
Opportunities for Further Study
Recommended entry requirements
- This qualification may be accessed by direct entry, part time or full time
- Applicants will be required to complete a full Language Literacy and Numeracy Assessment as a part of the pre entry requirements of the course. The LLN results must be a minimum of 2 across all three areas
- Applicants must prove that they have a suitable Agricultural / Horticultural business that they can undertake their practical placement on. Or alternately supply a letter from a suitable Agricultural / Horticultural employer stating that they are have access to employed work for a minimum of 1 day per week for the duration of the course.
- Applicants must have a capable level of Computer literacy.
- Applicants must have access to a PC / Laptop or Tablet as well as internet to support their learning and assessment out of school (scheduled teaching hours).
- It is strongly recommended that applicants hold a minimum “Car Learner Permit” prior to course commencement.
Applicants must supply their own Safety Boots, Gumboots, Hat and / or Beanie, High vis work shirt, Safety Glasses, Ear Muffs, Leather Gloves and Wet weather gear for practical days and placements
Limitations to entry
- Due to manufacturer specifications some units (subjects) may not be available to students under the age of 16.
- Ability to gain voluntary or employed farm work within the industry for a minimum of one day a week for the duration of the qualification
Reliable internet connection
Specialist Course Information
Placement240 hours for the duration of the qualification
Placement is arranged by: Student
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Apply environmentally sustainable work practices
Respond to emergencies
Implement a plant nutrition program
Implement procedures for calving
Rear newborn and young livestock
Maintain livestock water supplies
Establish pastures and crops for livestock production
Conduct front-end loader operations
Implement feeding plans for livestock
Implement animal health control programs
Coordinate milking operations
Plan and construct an electric fence
Operate quad bikes
Operate side by side utility vehicles
Plan and construct conventional fencing
Contribute to work health and safety processes
Transport and store chemicals
Prepare And Apply Chemicals
Administer Medication To Livestock
Identify And Draft Livestock
Practical experiences, practical demonstrations, practical demonstrations in simulated work conditions, documents/folio, case studies, projects, group projects