Specialists in the food, fibre and conservation industry are in increasingly high demand in today’s modern world. As we’re faced with new conservation challenges and growing populations, the industry provides a number of diverse and stimulating career options.
At TAFE Gippsland, we offer a range of courses to enable you to enter the industry or build on your existing skills to move up in the workplace. No matter your needs, we can offer you a respected qualification that will improve employability and make you more competitive in the industry.
Is agronomy the right fit?An angronomist is a specialist who can help local farmers improve their operations in one or more of the following ways:
* Collecting and analysing samples of produce, feed and soil* Collecting and analysing samples of produce, feed and soil
* Giving advice to farmers about improving production of crops and livestock
* Identifying issues related to crop disease, pests and weeds
* Reviewing environmental factors affecting crop production
* Research new technology and advancements in agriculture
* Identifying agricultural problems and researching techniques to solve themSound like you? Search our food and fibre courses to learn which one suits you.