|COVID-19: You can study with confidence knowing that all programs are being delivered safely observing safe distancing measures. Every course has different safe distancing requirements so enquire for more details about the course you are interested in.|
2021: 16/2/21, 16/3/21, 27/4/21, 18/5/21, 15/6/21, 27/7/21, 31/8/21, 28/9/21 and 26/10/21
This qualification has been designed to enable you too continue to learn whilst you work in the agriculture field of your choice. This course is delivered fully online and after hours so you can continue to work in agriculture during the day and get the qualification you need to advance your career in the sector. The Diploma of Agriculture is suitable for farm managers, employees and sole operators of agribusinesses who provide production advice and services to agricultural production enterprises. You will have access to training in vital agricultural skills encompassing business, human resources, agronomy, animal husbandry and whole farm planning.
Students undertaking this qualification will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to work autonomously, analyse information and exercise judgement to complete a range of advanced skilled activities.
During this course you will have the opportunity to build your professional networks, not only by meeting other students across Gippsland and Victoria, but also by meeting industry specialist guest speakers that support the delivery of the course. You will have the opportunity to do all of this whilst you study flexibly in the comfort of your own home and/or workplace. Learn through case studies, peer-to-peer learning and real life experiences.
Theory delivery is conducted Tuesdays 7pm - 9pm
Teacher supported study session Fridays 7pm - 9pm
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Diploma of Agriculture.
Job roles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Farm production manager
- Production unit manager
- Station/property manager
Opportunities for Further Study
- AHC60116 Advanced Diploma of Agriculture*
- Pathways to university degrees in Agriculture, Agribusiness Management and Agri-science*
*Qualifications are not offered by TAFE Gippsland
Recommended entry requirements
- Students are strongly recommended to have completed AHC40116 Certificate IV in Agriculture and / or have past equivalent experience on farms or in a related businesses. It is highly desirable that students are actively working on farm or in a related industry during their studies to enable them to take advantage of the full learning opportunities. Students undertaking this course should allow a minimum of 10 hours per week of self paced study over the 35 weeks of the course and above scheduled course time to be successful
Limitations to entry
- Students must have access to a reliable internet connection that will support video conferencing.
- Students must have access to a computer or tablet that will support course work to be completed in our learning Management System Moodle.This also needs to include a headset (integrated microphone and earphones).
Computer and internet connection required
Specialist Course Information
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
|AHCAGB521 Select and use agricultural technology|
|AHCSUS501 Develop and manage a plan for sustainable supply and use of water on a farm|
|BSBHRM506 Manage recruitment selection and induction processes|
|AHCAGB602 Manage Estate Planning|
|AHCLSK504 Develop Livestock Health And Welfare Strategies|
|AHCBUS516 Develop and review a business plan|
|AHCBUS511 Manage enterprise staff requirements|
|AHCBAC503 Manage Integrated Crop And Pasture Production|
|AHCBAC502 Manage Forage Conservation|
|AHCAGB513 Develop a farm plan|
Assessments are knowledge based theory test, practical observations