By successfully completing the Agricultural Chemical Skill Set you will have had the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge that are required to safely handle, prepare, apply, transport, and store agricultural and veterinary chemicals.
This two day skills set is designed for people with experience in using agricultural and or veterinary chemicals.
After successfully completing this skills set learners may choose to apply for an "agricultural chemical user permit".
An agricultural chemical user permit (ACUP) is a permit issued to a person, that gives them authority to:
- purchase specified 'restricted supply' chemicals in Victoria
- use specified 'restricted use' chemicals in Victoria
- Warragul Tuesday 9:00am - 4:00pm
- GTec Wednesday 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Bairnsdale Thursday 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Leongatha Tuesday 9:00am - 4:00pm
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Agricultural Chemical Skill Set.
No occupational licensing or regulatory requirements apply to this short course
Opportunities for Further Study
These units of competency provide credit towards qualifications in Certificate II, Certificate III and Certificate IV in various sectors of the horticulture and agriculture industry including the following broad industries:
- Production Agriculture
- Production Horticulture
- Amenity Horticulture (Arboriculture, Parks and Gardens, Landscaping)
- Nursery Production and Retail
- Turf Management
- Animal Breeding and Racing
- Pest Management (Vertebrate, Weeds and Invertebrate)
- Conservation and Land Management (Lands, Parks and Wildlife, Natural Area Restoration)
- Indigenous Land Management.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Minimum 16 years of age
Recommended entry requirements
- Have experience in use of agricultural and veterinary chemicals.
Limitations to entry
- Have the ability to read and interpret a farm chemical label
|Fees and charges
|Government subsidised concession
|Maximum full course tuition fee* (GST exempt)
|Materials fee (GST incl)
VET Student LoansNot Applicable for this course
Help with Fees
Specialist Course Information
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Sample course units
|AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals
|AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases
Observation and Questioning