With a Certificate IV in Agriculture, you’ll gain the post-trade skills and knowledge you need to become a specialist in the agricultural industry. You will open more doors to opportunities as you master the roles and responsibilities of team leaders and supervisors on farms.
In this qualification, you will learn to uphold safe working practices across a huge range of agricultural areas, including cropping, dairy, livestock production, chemical usage, agribusiness, irrigation, operating and maintaining machinery, organic production, controlling pests, and more. Become a problem solving and confident leader sooner with this qualification.
This course is delivered with a combination of online and on campus workshops.
TimesThursdays 9.am-3.00pm and Fridays 10.00am-3.00pm
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate IV in Agriculture.
This qualification provides and occupational outcome at a supervisory level, as Farm team leader or supervisor
Opportunities for Further Study
Recommended entry requirements
- This qualification may be accessed by direct entry, part time or full time
- Have achieved VCE or equivalent
- Applicants will be required to complete a full Language Literacy and Numeracy Assessment as a part of the pre entry requirements of the course.
- The LLN results must be a minimum of 3 across all three areas
- Applicants must prove that they have a suitable Agricultural / Horticultural business that they can undertake their practical placement on. Or alternately supply a letter from a suitable Agricultural / Horticultural employer stating that they are have access to employed work for a minimum of 1 day per week for the duration of the course.
- Applicants must have a capable level of Computer literacy.
- Applicants must have access to a PC / Laptop or Tablet as well as internet to support their learning and assessment out of school (scheduled teaching hours).
- It is strongly recommended that applicants hold a minimum “Car Learner Permit” prior to course commencement.
- Applicants must supply their own Safety Boots, Gumboots, Hat and / or Beanie, High vis work shirt, Safety Glasses, Ear Muffs, Leather Gloves and Wet weather gear for practical days and placements
Limitations to entry
- Ability to gain voluntary or employed farm work within the industry for a minimum of one day a week for the duration of the qualification
Reliable internet connection.
Access to a computer to support learning and assessment
Specialist Course Information
Placement240 hours for the duration of the qualification
Placement is arranged by: Student
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
|AHCWHS401 Maintain work health and safety processes|
|BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff|
|BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances|
|AHCPCM402 Develop A Soil Health And Plant Nutrition Program|
|AHCBAC401 Manage pastures for livestock production|
|AHCBAC402 Plan a pasture establishment program|
|AHCBUS404 Operate within a budget framework|
|AHCDRY401 Manage milking shed routines|
|AHCLSK402 Develop livestock feeding plans|
|AHCLSK404 Implement and monitor animal welfare programs|
|AHCLSK409 Supervise animal health programs|
|AHCSOL401 Sample soils and interpret results|
|AHCWRK403 Supervise work routines and staff performance|
|AHCLSK401 Develop feeding plans for a production system|
|AHCAGB301 Keep production records for a primary production business|
|AHCPMG410 Implement the pest monitoring and evaluation plan|
Practical demonstrations, practical demonstrations in simulated work conditions, problem solving, documents/folio, oral presentations, presentations to audiences, interviews, videos, visuals/slides/audio tapes, case studies, projects.