This course is designed to re-engage you into learning, the focuses is on developing your reading and writing skills for paper based and web based text types, to assist you with interpreting everyday texts. This course also focuses on developing your mathematical knowledge so that you are able to apply these skills in everyday life situations. During the course will also be assisted with planning and developing your learning goals.
Skills, knowledge gained
- Students learn the importance of documenting their learning to support with chosen goals, develop,
implement and review learning goals for the future.
- Be able to read, interpret and evaluate familiar paper and web based texts.
- Create a range of familiar and some less familiar texts with some specialised vocabulary and spelling
- Interpret, estimate and calculate a range of simple numerical information for personal purposes such as
budgeting, financial planning and maths for general living.
- Use paper and web based mediums to engage with and create texts of limited complexity.
TimesMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:30 - 2:30
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate I in General Education for Adults (Introductory) - Koorie Stream.
- This is a Foundation based course that will lead on to further training opportunities
Opportunities for Further Study
Recommended entry requirements
- Be at least 16 years old and no longer attending secondary school
Specialist Course Information
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Sample course units
|AHCNSY205 Pot up plants|
|CUAPPR211 Make simple creative work|
|CUAPAI211 Develop painting skills|
|VU22104 Prepare Simple Budgets|
|VU22365 Create simple texts for personal purposes|
|VU21664 Prepare For Employment|
|CUAPPR201 Make simple creative work|
|CUAPAI201 Develop painting skills|
|VU22450 Work with and interpret simple directions in familiar situations|
|VU22370 Work with simple measurements in familiar situations|
|VU22369 Work with simple numbers and money in familiar situations|
|VU22366 Create simple texts for learning purposes|
|VU22361 Engage with simple texts for learning purposes|
|VU22358 Develop learning goals|
|VU22371 Work with simple design and shape in familiar situations|
|VU22359 Conduct a project with guidance|
|VU22367 Create simple texts for employment purposes|
|VU22362 Engage with simple texts for employment purposes|
Observation, questioning, tests and quizzes