This course will expand on your intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and teach you advanced functions of the program.
- Modify Excel options
- Protect data in worksheets and workbooks
- Import data into Excel and export data from Excel
- Use data linking to create more efficient workbooks
- Group cells and use outlines to manipulate the worksheet
- Create summaries in your spreadsheets using subtotals
- Use the Data Consolidation feature to combine data from several workbooks into one
- Create, use and modify data tables
- Create and work with scenarios and the Scenario Manager
- Understand and create simple pivot tables
- Construct and operate pivot tables using some of the more advanced techniques
- Create and edit a pivot chart
- Use advanced filters to analyse data in a list
- Use a variety of data validation techniques
- Create and use a range of controls in a worksheet
- Share workbooks with other users
- Create recorded macros in excel
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon completion of this course students will receive a Statement of Participation.
- Office administration
Opportunities for Further Study
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.