Updated: 24 May 2022 12:12pm
Providing proof of Vaccination
(for students undertaking placements in Health and Early Childhood)
Evidence of vaccination can be submitted via the following avenues:
- For those students required to provide vaccination evidence before attending on-site, it can be done via a secure form. To access this, students need to be logged into their Student Account Manager (SAM) using their full student ID. For assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Proof of vaccination includes:
- a government-issued vaccination certificate such as the COVID-19 digital certificate;
- an immunisation history statement which can be accessed from Medicare online or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app; or
- a statement of vaccination history which you can request from the Australian Immunisation Register
Please speak with your Educator for further information.
General Health Advice for TAFE Gippsland students
If you or a fellow student is unwell or displaying COVID-19 symptoms, you MUST stay home and you MUST NOT present in an un-fit state of health at any TAFE Gippsland campus.
Importantly, you must notify TAFE Gippsland immediately if you do test positive for COVID-19. please call 1300 475 146 and your call will be referred to our Health Safety & Wellbeing team. We will need the following information:
- Course or program name
- Classes attended
- Teachers name
- Date/time of notification
- Contact phone number
- Other relevant information
All student details and personal information will be subject to privacy provisions.
TAFE Gippsland will notify all relevant staff and students immediately if we are advised of a confirmed case of COVID-19, in accordance with our COVIDsafe protocols and advice from the Department of Health (DoH).
Student Support Services
Student Support offers free and confidential counselling, financial support and career advice. If you need extra help or are feeling overwhelmed or anxious, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Victoria - https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
24/7 support is also available through the following external agencies.
- Beyond Blue (24/7 support) 1300 224 636 beyondblue.org.au - Beyond Blue provides information and support to help everyone in Australia achieve their best possible mental health, whatever their age and wherever they live.
- Lifeline (24/7 support) 13 11 14 lifeline.org.au - Lifeline is a national service providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
- Kids Help Line (24/7 support) 1800 551 800 kidshelpline.com.au - Kids Helpline is Australia’s only free, private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged up to 25.