TAFE Gippsland is committed to complying with State and Commonwealth privacy legislation. This includes the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic), the ten (10) Information Privacy Principles, the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, as well as the Australian Privacy Principles contained therein.
We will only collect personal information that is necessary and directly related to one of TAFE Gippsland’s functions.
We will ensure:
- Responsible collection and secure handling of your personal information; and
- Your right to access the information we collect about you.
We will not divulge any of your personal information to any third party for any reason other than the primary purpose for which it was collected.
However, personal information can be shared if:
- It is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or for a secondary purpose which is directly related to that purpose;
- The disclosure is authorised by law, or for law enforcement or investigation;
- The disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to life, health or safety; and
- The person consents to the disclosure on the Institute form “Authorisation to Disclose Information”.
Individuals have the responsibility to notify the Institute of changes to their personal information.
If you advise us of errors in your information, we will correct them.
The Procedure includes a Complaints Procedure for investigation and rectification of breaches of this Policy.
Updated: 12 Apr 2023