- On Campus
No upcoming intakes for this course this year.
Please enquire for more information or to express your interest in this course.
About this course
Have you ever thought of joining the Australian Defence Force (ADF), but you don’t meet their requirements for enrolment? We have the solution!
After consultation with the ADF, this course was designed to enable access to the widest range of opportunities within the ADF by the nature of its varied units. It offers core units of English, Maths and Project, as well as Science and IT electives.
This course will help you identify the skills you have and work towards strengthening them, while identifying any gaps where you may need to build your skills. When you enrol, you’ll be offered a variety of activities and assessments in a range of formats that address your needs and learning styles.
Taught online over a six-month period, there will be opportunities to discuss progress, any issues and get support through both access to virtual classroom sessions and Student Support Services. Our experienced and committed teachers are here to support your journey, so don’t be afraid to reach out!
All these options will enhance your employment opportunities with the ADF – sounds pretty good to us!
So go on - if you’re looking for an opportunity to join the ADF, the Certificate II in General Education for Adults (ADF Preparation) is the perfect platform to help you chase your career goals and pursue your passions.
Enrol today at TAFE Gippsland!
This course focuses on developing your literacy skills as you create and engage with a range of familiar and unfamiliar text types. You’ll learn to interpret and create a range of paper-based and web-based text types as you complete projects that are specifically tailored to your needs.
You’ll also learn how to apply knowledge of everyday information to a range of situations, giving you confidence to participate in your wider community.
Next steps might include finding employment in an area that interests you, or volunteering in your local community. It could also mean taking your study even further by completing a Certificate II in any study field that interests you.
Don’t worry, TAFE Gippsland will be here to support you through all of those choices when the time comes, because we understand they’re not always easy!
Go on, come and open doors for employment with a Certificate II in General Education for Adults at TAFE Gippsland by enrolling today!
Full time or part time employment into a chosen field (Not specific)
Opportunities for Further Study
VCE - Vocational Major
Further education at Certificate II or III levels
Volunteering / Community work
Skills or Knowledge gained
Graduates at this level will have basic factual, technical and procedural knowledge of a defined area of work and learning through knowledge of:
• Processes for developing an individual learning plan
• Features and components of an individual learning plan
• Basic project methodology to complete a project in an activity in a selected context and/or around a specific content area
• Techniques used by writers to convey meaning and achieve purpose
• Structure and conventions of a range of familiar and unfamiliar text types
• Signs / prints/ symbols and their representation in mathematical texts and materials.
Graduates at this level will have cognitive skills to access, record and act on a defined range of information from a range of sources and cognitive and communication skills to apply and communicate known solutions to a limited range of predictable problems to:
• Develop a learning plan in relation to identified goals, assemble a portfolio, and evaluate progress in relation to goals
• Discuss aspects of own learning plan such as purpose and preferred learning styles to support development of the plan
• Gather and analyse information from a variety of sources to complete a project
• Identify and address issues and barriers which affect project goals
• Select and apply reading strategies to interpret and analyse a range of familiar and unfamiliar texts
• Discuss features and content of texts to establish relevance and effectiveness
• Access and navigate web based digital text to locate information
• Gather and order information required to create a range of familiar and unfamiliar complex written and digital texts
• Investigate, interpret and apply knowledge of everyday and formal mathematics in a range of contexts.
Are there specified requirements for entry into the course/qualification?: No
Mandatory entry requirements:
Recommended entry Requirements:
Be between 18 - 24 years of age and wanting to enter the workforce or improve skills for further education at Certificate II level.
Limitations to course Entry:
Minimum Industry Requirement
Will this course/qualification or a constituent unit provide a pathway to an industry licence or regulated outcome: No
Qualifications and Recognition - 2024
Upon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate II in General Education for Adults.
Work Placement - 2024
Does this course require placement?: No
Further Information - 2024
|Fees and charges
|Government subsidised concession
|Full-fee paying student
|Maximum full course tuition fee* (GST exempt)
|Materials fee* (GST exempt)
The assessment for each course varies. It may include knowledge questions, practical skills tasks, projects, research work, on the job assessment, etc. Your assessor or educator will provide specific information on the requirements for your course.
You can expect that:
- assessment methods are clear
- assessment tasks are relevant and meet the requirements of your course
- assessor or educator demonstrate fairness and lack of bias when assessing your work
- educators will provide open and honest feedback about assessment tasks.