This course will teach you basic Microsoft Excel skills including all of the basic functions of the program.
- Create and work with a new workbook
- Open and navigate within workbooks and worksheets
- Make changes to data in a workbook
- Understand and work with ranges in a worksheet
- Copy and paste data in excel
- Use the fill operations available to fill a data series
- Move the contents of cells and ranges within and between workbooks
- Understand, create and work with formulas and functions
- Understand and use formula cell referencing
- Use font formatting techniques
- Align the contents of cells in a number of ways
- Understand and use the number formatting features in excel
- Format rows and columns in a worksheet
- Work with elements that make up the structure of a worksheet
- Sort data in a list in a worksheet
- Filter data in a table
- Print your workbook data
- Create effective charts in Microsoft Excel
- Obtain help for excel whenever you need it
- Understand points to consider to avoid problems in your worksheets
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon completion of this course students will receive a Statement of Participation.
- Office administration
Opportunities for Further Study
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.