Skills First Reconnect is a Victorian Government initiative being delivered by TAFE Gippsland which supports people between 17-64 who have left school early or who are long-term unemployed.
The program is designed to provide support to engage in a training and/or work pathway.
- This program is designed for people keen to explore study and training options or kick start a career but are unsure where to start.
- Skills First Reconnect provides an individualised service to each eligible participant to help them get back on track, build resilience and the capacity needed to successfully transition into formal learning and employment in a sustainable way.
- Young people who leave school early often face multiple barriers to re-engaging in education and training or entering the workforce. Young people between the ages of 17 – 19 can enrol in the program to assist them to reach their potential.
- Adults between the ages of 20-64 years who haven’t completed year 12, been unemployed for 12 months or more and are not currently enrolled in study or training, can benefit from the program.
- Skills First Reconnect participants will be provided with wrap-around supports helping to identify future goals, steps to work towards them, addressing any challenges and skill gaps, whilst building resilience and confidence to chase their dreams.
For further information please contact
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 03 5175 9645
Funding for the Skills First Reconnect grant program is being provided by the Victorian Government, through the Department of Education and Training.