This qualification is suitable preparation for those wishing to engage in the delivery of training of competence in a workplace, TAFE or adult education environment context, as a component of a structured VET program.
Learner profile includes:
- adults transitioning from a non-training role/workplace to a role/organisation focused on training and assessment
- adults returning to study who are seeking to enter the training and assessment workforce
- adults seeking a career or pathway change in the field of training and assessment
- adults seeking a qualification to support existing roles related to conducting training and assessment within the workplace
- adults seeking employment with a Registered Training Organisation provider or other adult education provider.
- adults seeking to train under supervision with a Registered Training Organisation
Qualifications and RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Enterprise Trainer - Presenting Skill Set.
Job roles associated with this qualification relate to the delivery of training of competence within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector. Possible job titles and roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Enterprise trainer
- Vocational education teacher
Opportunities for Further Study
Mandatory entry requirements
Typically learners who undertake this program are wishing to enter the field of Training and Assessment in the vocational education and training sector.
Potential students are required to attend a pre-enrolment interview with a member of the TAE teaching team and will undertake a Pre-Training Review.
Those entering this program must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification. Learners need to provide evidence that they hold one or more of the following:
- vocational currency in at least one unit of competency within a qualification and/or a full qualification within the Australian Qualification Framework
- vocational currency within a non-Australian Qualification Framework skills set and/or qualification.
- learners are required to provide evidence of vocational competency.
- expected forms of evidence include, but and not limited to:
- an approved transcript (no greater than 5 years old) of a full or part AQF qualification and/or
- evidence demonstrating that they hold relevant vocational competency in a nominated area.
The Pre Training Review is undertaken by each potential student and processed during the student’s interview with a member of the TAE teaching team. At the conclusion of the interview with the learner, the outcome will either be that there is no further remedial action required, or the learner will be referred to the Institute’s Foundation Studies Department for a more depth review and possible support.
The Pre Training Review assessment tool has been designed to evaluate if the participant has:
- ASCF level 3 learning skills
- ASCF level 4 reading skills
- ASCF level 3 writing skills
- ASCF level 3 oral communication skills
- ASCF level 2 numerical skills
- Vocational currency in their proposed teaching area
Specialist Course Information
Pathway to Industry Licence
Material and Equipment supplied by students
Student ServicesSupport is available for students at every stage of the study journey. Please speak to any of our friendly reception or teaching staff.
Recognition of Prior LearningMany TAFE Gippsland courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Sample course units
|TAEDEL301 Provide Work Skill Instruction|
|BSBCMM401 Make a presentation|